"That enchantment that I lightly took
out of the lovely April is forever."
~ Leonie Adams
- A rainy, misty morning on the meadow, turning greener nearly by the minute.
- The buckeye tree is getting ready to bloom. I swear it wasn’t anywhere near this yesterday!
- A frog in the fishpond.
- The ice is off the lake. Loons are making their early spring visit.
- Luke came in excitedly to school one morning last week. He could barely get out, “You remember that plant we looked at that wasn’t grass but was green? It has a yellow flower on it!”
- The squirrels are running all over the meadow, up and down trees in the yard, and barking at me as I walk around looking at the spring morning.
- Friends long to walk again together in the fresh air.
- Children are playing in their yard.
- The Canada Geese are surveying the meadow for their nesting space.
- The Shibankins have awoken in the fish pond, coming to the surface to feed. They have grown! Is it my imagination, or do they seem to recognize me?
- There is no school this week as the children are on spring break.
- The April Blood Moon was full and bright, reflecting off the water on the lake for Easter.
- Maundy Thursday.
- Good Friday.
- Easter morning!
- Celebrating Easter by having dinner at the home of friends.
- Opening day for the Royals. (They won.)
- A robin repeatedly tapping on the bedroom window this morning. Why? The kitties are tormented.